Preliminary evaluation
My finial product reached my aims as it accomplished keeping to its brief on showing match on action,180 degree rule and shot/reverse shot.
From this preliminary task I have learnt that I enjoy exploring different shot types and angles to create a visually interesting scene.I need to work on using the media technology such as using the camera to reach its full potential by understanding all its functions.When filming my work I did not use the tripod or stedi cam this hindered the quality of my work.For my main task I will use these
technologies.
technologies.
When making my film I learnt about the production of films and what is needed to done to make a piece of media successful. For example the planning, story boards need to be clear and well thought out to ensure you get footage of everything you need for your scene. Also when directing your scene actions need to be clear for actors so they can bring your idea to life.When filming a scene I learnt it is important to find a setting what is quite and has good lighting this improves the quality of film. I learnt that filming is not the most time consuming part of film production it is the editing what takes up most of your time.The software(Final cut express) which I used for editing was surprisingly easy it was the filming (using a nikon dslr) that was a challenge due to having to manage the camera as well as the actors. Filming technology such as the stedi cam was hard to use and i found holding the camera with my hands was much eaiser to create different angles and shots.
From my work I am most proud of its range of camera angles and shots this created a visually interesting film. I have developed my skills on using a camera and using editing software.In my short film I used a Hermeneutic code as audiences dont know what the character has done this leaves questions to the audiences.A Proairetic code is also used as the characters are tense implying something is going to happen.I have applied these well as I have left many unanswered questions.
From my preliminary task I have learnt that it is important to not rush scenes so the audience have a clear sense of what is going on. A problem with my film is that so many things happen in a short space of time overwhelming the audience.This effects the quality of continuity so I will concentrate on avoiding this when making my final product.Skills I will need to develop on is using the tri pod and stedi cam I found they hinder my work rather then help its quality this was due to lack of knowledge on how to use them.To ensure I know how to use theses technologies I will practice filming using them this will help me gain knowledge on how to use them at my advantage.
From my work I am most proud of its range of camera angles and shots this created a visually interesting film. I have developed my skills on using a camera and using editing software.In my short film I used a Hermeneutic code as audiences dont know what the character has done this leaves questions to the audiences.A Proairetic code is also used as the characters are tense implying something is going to happen.I have applied these well as I have left many unanswered questions.
From my preliminary task I have learnt that it is important to not rush scenes so the audience have a clear sense of what is going on. A problem with my film is that so many things happen in a short space of time overwhelming the audience.This effects the quality of continuity so I will concentrate on avoiding this when making my final product.Skills I will need to develop on is using the tri pod and stedi cam I found they hinder my work rather then help its quality this was due to lack of knowledge on how to use them.To ensure I know how to use theses technologies I will practice filming using them this will help me gain knowledge on how to use them at my advantage.
No comments:
Post a Comment